So a lot of my friends always ask me what I use on my skin, it’s really not much but I’m thankful that my mom gave me some good skin genes. With that being said, a girl still has to have her favorite beauty products and the list below are a sure not to miss. Whether you are working, running around, night out, I hope to at least have my makeup staying on pretty much all through out a wedding. Get these ladies, they for sure work!
1. Urban Decay All Nighter – This misty spray adds some serious staying power after you do yourself up for day or night, my cheek line literally stays in tact for hours after spraying this baby on my face! Living in Florida, humidity is constant! Featuring patented Temperature Control Technology, it actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to keep foundation, eyeshadow, blush, and concealer in place. Score!
2. Stila One Step Correct – We all want flawless skin, wrinkles to vanish and discoloration to say buh-bye and this correcter does the trick. It neutralizes your skin, made for all tones as well. Brightens, color corrects and is anti-aging! I usually first apply my all day facial moisturizer by Olay, and then dab dots of this all over my face before makeup time!
3. Sephora 8 hr. Mattifying Foundation – Oil free and absolutely light weight, this mattifying powder foundation is perfect to hide your pores, take away that shine and leave you feeling flawless and natural. I apply this after the concealer and before the bronzer to cover any spots I might have forgotten earlier with my concealer.
4. MAC Studio Finish Concealer -I discovered this awesome concealer when visiting the MAC store in Chicago. I wanted a concealer that didn’t cake or too light to where I needed to re-apply constantly. I was sold, this covers it all, I only apply this under and around my eye area and voila!
5. Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit -I’m all about big brows, probably because I have no choice because I have big ones but nonetheless I love filling them out! The four creamy colors are perfect for blending your arch to a perfect shape, after applying I usually take a lil hair spray on a q-tip and dab on my brows to make sure they stay in place! It’s only $9.99 at Target!
6. Two Faced 16 hr Bronzer – One thing I love is being tan but what I don’t love is the sun damage, so why not fake it? As I’m getting older I want to take care of my skin even more, and baking in the sun is no bueno so this bronzer gives me the sun-kissed look without the damage! This product is vegan friendly too, pretty awesome.
7. Urban Decay Lipstick in Anarchy – I’m obsessed with bold/bright lips and it’s a classic trend that will never fade. When I don’t feel like messing with makeup, I stay natural but smack on some bold lipstick and feel alive! I love this creamy lipstick in Anarchy, it literally lasts for the longest time! Get it, you know you will love it!
I’m so thrilled to be sharing this styled shoot I got to capture! I had the idea of a total hippie inspired shoot a bit ago and had wanted to do it for a while now! I was so happy to hear the gals that I contacted were on board and ready to help create the vision! The organic and airy feel this era exudes, is exactly what I felt on location in adorable Tangerine, Florida. I found myself chasing natural light, sunbeams, peace signs and those groovy thoughts in the woods, not to mention… I listened to a lot of The Mama’s and the Papa’s while editing these. I’m a HUGE fan of the 60′s and 70′s, especially the music. I want to thank everyone who joined me on this, what a team! Also, there’s a delicious cocktail to make at home, please be sure to scroll at the bottom of this post to get the recipe!
Photography: Andi Mans Photography
Gown: Simply Bridal
Bride Styled & Peace Sign by: Andi Mans
Makeup: Flawless Faces by Alicia
Hair: Ashley Loerzel Hair + Style
Furniture/Chairs/Decor/Styled: Wish Vintage Rentals
Dishes/Silverware/Glassware/Styled: Dishie Rentals
Floral: Taylormade Floral & Event Decor
Pies/Cakes/Sweets: P is for Pie
Invitation Suite/Paper Goods: Lana’s Shop
Headband: Miss S-A Headbands
Sparkling Cranberry Tea Cocktail
4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
2 family-sized tea bags
21/2 cups cranberry juice (no added sugar)
1 cup vodka
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
4 cups ginger ale
(Garnish with cranberries and orange slices)
1. Combine 4 cups water and sugar in a large saucepan; bring to boil. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Pour over tea bags. Cover and let stand 5 minutes; discard tea bags. Cool. Stir in juice, vodka, and Grand Marnier; chill.
2. Gently stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice. Garnish with cranberries and orange slices if desired.
Wow, only a few days until October hits and you know what that means? The pumpkin EVERYTHING craze has begun. So far to feed my obsession, I’ve had numerous amounts of pumpkin flavored lattes, pumpkin spice candles and now my very own designed pumpkins for my living room! These are so easy to create at home! You can find pumpkins just about anywhere, pick your favorite sizes, choose your favorite acrylic paint colors, glitter sticks from any craft store like Michael’s or Target and a box of thumbtacks! I gave mine a bit of a nautical glam theme, as I have a lot of rope/washed out wood themed decor in my actual living room.
This will only take you about an hour or less to finish, depending on how many pumpkins you purchase, heck, have fun with it, I know I did!
I add two coats of each color, to make sure coverage is spot on.
Scoop all of the seeds out entirely, then dry the inside with a paper towl for placement of your candle, I usually measure the width before cutting to make sure it fits snug.
Make any design your heart dreams up, just pinch in the thumbtacks, it’s fun and easy!
Not too spooky but soft on the eyes, I love it for the festival season of October!
Someone is a little excited for Treak-or-Treating this year!
Hi there! I just returned from my first time visiting Chicago! What a city, filled with a ton to do, visit and eat at! I was lucky enough that my sweet cousin lived there which she was the perfect tour guide! We toured the downtown area where my foodie dreams came true, had a fabulous and tasty lunch at Public House where I had the best corn dogs, got to see the famous “Bean” architecture located in Millennium Park, had an amazing cocktail at the rooftop of theWit Hotel where I had the perfect view of the city. I was SO very excited to find Garrett Popcorn, after purchasing a bag it literally it was vanished within an hour, this stuff is addicting, you won’t be disappointed with the “Chicago Mix”! Yum! I really enjoyed Bucktown’s shopping, coffee shops and eclectic ambiance. My amazing cousin Stephanie has her very own clothing line located in Lincoln Park, called Lola Minx! It’s a mix of chic, feminine and stylish dresses. While visiting her showroom, I got to try on some of her latest designs! Chicago was so much fun, I definitely want to visit again, because there’s just so much history there to still experience! Enjoy :)
... older sessions