Oh goody, I am so excited to share this shoot with you! Are you a succulent fan? Organic goodness? Well, below you will definitely find some eye candy! I had the chance to style and photograph this shoot and it was so very fun! I knew that this location would fit my inspiration + vision for the rustic setting and tablescape I wanted to bring to life. Lovely dishes with sweet accents by Dishie Rental, gorgeous flapjack succulents by Lee James that blew me away, and how can I forget the delicious local and fresh treats served by the American Bistro, Dally in the Alley. Please make sure to visit this amazing southern influenced cuisine located in Deland, as a foodie myself, you won’t be disappointed. The grouping of natural centerpieces, tying up the rustic yet simply unique wedding inspiration, the warmth of this makes my heart smile. Seriously, this dress? GORG!
Photography: Andi Mans Photography
Tablescape/Styled: Andi Mans Photography
Location: Dally in the Alley & Cafe Davinci
Dessert Station/Salad: Dally in the Alley
Rentals: Florida Victorian, Architectural Antiques
Floral: Lee James Floral Designs
Dress: Calvet Couture by Sarah Seven
Makeup/Hair: Makeover Station
Bridal Accessories: Olivia Nelson
Dishes/Flatware/Goblets: Dishie Rentals
Invitation Suite: Lanas Shop
Cake: Anna Cakes
Desserts/Food: Pistachio Pudding, Coconut Chocolate Almond Bars, Cinnamon Sour Cream Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Frosting, Cheesecake Bites, Raspberry & Mascarpone Parfaits, Fennel Coconut-Milk Tart and Organic Baby Salad w/ Mushroom Polenta
I get so excited when new local shops open not only is it fun to explore a new local spot but it’s even better if it’s a friend of yours who bakes deliciously! Tara, owner and baker of P is for Pie has just opened the doors off of Corrine Drive in Orlando! I love the rustic interior and vintage accents. This amazing lil bake shop offers, mini pies, hand pies, whoopie pies, cookies, cobblers, pie pops plus you advance orders of whole pies! I made my early order already for Christmas! I’m a huge coffee lover, which brings me to the specialty coffee straight from Portland that is offered in house hot or cold! Please stop by, you won’t be disappointed! All the baked goodies are created at the shop and fresh to pick up!
Location: 2806 Corrine Drive, Orlando Florida
Opens: 11:00 am
Website | Facebook
East End Market is a neighborhood market and cultural food hub inspired by Central Florida’s local farmers and food artisans. I love the ambiance of a place just like this, reminds me of a shopping experience I’ve had out in the west-coast, which gives me a little taste of difference for the Orlando area. As I walked inside I was swooned by all the different shops! I stopped and ordered myself a delicious cold coffee Lineage, might have to push Starbucks aside for a while, my cup of joe was gone in seconds, all organic, all delicious. I’m a huge cheese freak, so Le Femme Du Fromage was a must, serving artisan cheeses! Yum! Olde Hearth Bread Company had a variety of fresh bread, I got my hot little hands on a French Baguette, ready for some olive oil dipping at home! Overall, this adorable shopping market filled with unique merchants is a must visit, I love it and I will sure be a regular here. Other awesome shops I discovered, Houndstooth (scrumptious butternut squash soup) and Porch Therapy, beautiful succulent plants, gardening goodies and more!
So a lot of my friends always ask me what I use on my skin, it’s really not much but I’m thankful that my mom gave me some good skin genes. With that being said, a girl still has to have her favorite beauty products and the list below are a sure not to miss. Whether you are working, running around, night out, I hope to at least have my makeup staying on pretty much all through out a wedding. Get these ladies, they for sure work!
1. Urban Decay All Nighter – This misty spray adds some serious staying power after you do yourself up for day or night, my cheek line literally stays in tact for hours after spraying this baby on my face! Living in Florida, humidity is constant! Featuring patented Temperature Control Technology, it actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to keep foundation, eyeshadow, blush, and concealer in place. Score!
2. Stila One Step Correct – We all want flawless skin, wrinkles to vanish and discoloration to say buh-bye and this correcter does the trick. It neutralizes your skin, made for all tones as well. Brightens, color corrects and is anti-aging! I usually first apply my all day facial moisturizer by Olay, and then dab dots of this all over my face before makeup time!
3. Sephora 8 hr. Mattifying Foundation – Oil free and absolutely light weight, this mattifying powder foundation is perfect to hide your pores, take away that shine and leave you feeling flawless and natural. I apply this after the concealer and before the bronzer to cover any spots I might have forgotten earlier with my concealer.
4. MAC Studio Finish Concealer -I discovered this awesome concealer when visiting the MAC store in Chicago. I wanted a concealer that didn’t cake or too light to where I needed to re-apply constantly. I was sold, this covers it all, I only apply this under and around my eye area and voila!
5. Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit -I’m all about big brows, probably because I have no choice because I have big ones but nonetheless I love filling them out! The four creamy colors are perfect for blending your arch to a perfect shape, after applying I usually take a lil hair spray on a q-tip and dab on my brows to make sure they stay in place! It’s only $9.99 at Target!
6. Two Faced 16 hr Bronzer – One thing I love is being tan but what I don’t love is the sun damage, so why not fake it? As I’m getting older I want to take care of my skin even more, and baking in the sun is no bueno so this bronzer gives me the sun-kissed look without the damage! This product is vegan friendly too, pretty awesome.
7. Urban Decay Lipstick in Anarchy – I’m obsessed with bold/bright lips and it’s a classic trend that will never fade. When I don’t feel like messing with makeup, I stay natural but smack on some bold lipstick and feel alive! I love this creamy lipstick in Anarchy, it literally lasts for the longest time! Get it, you know you will love it!
TOP 5 REASONS TO HIRE A PLANNER: FOR THE DIY BRIDE
A great tool but overwhelming with ideas! A planner is an un-emotional 3rd party that can help you ensure your ideas are cohesive and tell your story! While Pinterest is great, too much of a good thing is never a good thing! Use it as inspiration only to create your own unique ideas and be careful not to let Pinterest “throw up” on your wedding.
Crafting, look what I made! But when will it be placed?
You’ve made all of these AMAZING things….now who’s going to put them in place? Anyone you trust with the precious details you’ve spent sleepless nights creating will likely be by your side on the biggest day of your life…not breaking a sweat assembling favors! Leave it to an expert that you trust based on their reviews and reputation. You want your mom and your best girls to be relaxed and celebrating with you!
What if there’s a problem?
While a trusted Aunt could be great at helping to ensure your vendors show up on time, etc….what if one of them doesn’t show up or the WRONG cake arrives? A professional planner with a great reputation in your area will have the contacts needed to make a call and fix the issue before you ever even know there’s a concern!
The Emergency Kit!
A great planner has an incredible emergency kit filled with everything from safety pins to fashion tape, mints to super glue and everything else you can possibly dream up! Of course you can create your own mini emergency kit with a few things such as tape, hair pins, etc…. but who wants to spend money to stock an entire craft store of supplies for “what if”. We have sewn many a buttons, altered an entire gown with pins and fashion tape and re-wired a handful of boutonnieres when they’ve had a few too many hugs so that everyone remains picture perfect all night!
Everyone has been to that awkward wedding where you’re just not sure what you should be doing or what’s coming next? Or worse you’ve heard the horror story of the photographer missing the first dance because he/she was in the bathroom when it was announced? While a fabulous DJ is imperative to this flow, a great coordinator ensures that the event continues to flow appropriately and that all of your vendors are present and ready for all of your most important moments. You don’t get a “do over” for this one special day so be sure to have a trusted and professional coordinator in your corner to ensure you have a fabulously stress free day!
Thank you Brandee from Blush
, I love working with her and if you need an amazing planner, I highly recommend getting in touch with her fabulous team
I’m so thrilled to be sharing this styled shoot I got to capture! I had the idea of a total hippie inspired shoot a bit ago and had wanted to do it for a while now! I was so happy to hear the gals that I contacted were on board and ready to help create the vision! The organic and airy feel this era exudes, is exactly what I felt on location in adorable Tangerine, Florida. I found myself chasing natural light, sunbeams, peace signs and those groovy thoughts in the woods, not to mention… I listened to a lot of The Mama’s and the Papa’s while editing these. I’m a HUGE fan of the 60′s and 70′s, especially the music. I want to thank everyone who joined me on this, what a team! Also, there’s a delicious cocktail to make at home, please be sure to scroll at the bottom of this post to get the recipe!
Photography: Andi Mans Photography
Gown: Simply Bridal
Bride Styled & Peace Sign by: Andi Mans
Makeup: Flawless Faces by Alicia
Hair: Ashley Loerzel Hair + Style
Furniture/Chairs/Decor/Styled: Wish Vintage Rentals
Dishes/Silverware/Glassware/Styled: Dishie Rentals
Floral: Taylormade Floral & Event Decor
Pies/Cakes/Sweets: P is for Pie
Invitation Suite/Paper Goods: Lana’s Shop
Headband: Miss S-A Headbands
Sparkling Cranberry Tea Cocktail
4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
2 family-sized tea bags
21/2 cups cranberry juice (no added sugar)
1 cup vodka
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
4 cups ginger ale
(Garnish with cranberries and orange slices)
1. Combine 4 cups water and sugar in a large saucepan; bring to boil. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Pour over tea bags. Cover and let stand 5 minutes; discard tea bags. Cool. Stir in juice, vodka, and Grand Marnier; chill.
2. Gently stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice. Garnish with cranberries and orange slices if desired.
Wow, only a few days until October hits and you know what that means? The pumpkin EVERYTHING craze has begun. So far to feed my obsession, I’ve had numerous amounts of pumpkin flavored lattes, pumpkin spice candles and now my very own designed pumpkins for my living room! These are so easy to create at home! You can find pumpkins just about anywhere, pick your favorite sizes, choose your favorite acrylic paint colors, glitter sticks from any craft store like Michael’s or Target and a box of thumbtacks! I gave mine a bit of a nautical glam theme, as I have a lot of rope/washed out wood themed decor in my actual living room.
This will only take you about an hour or less to finish, depending on how many pumpkins you purchase, heck, have fun with it, I know I did!
I add two coats of each color, to make sure coverage is spot on.
Scoop all of the seeds out entirely, then dry the inside with a paper towl for placement of your candle, I usually measure the width before cutting to make sure it fits snug.
Make any design your heart dreams up, just pinch in the thumbtacks, it’s fun and easy!
Not too spooky but soft on the eyes, I love it for the festival season of October!
Someone is a little excited for Treak-or-Treating this year!
... older sessions